Our Mission Statement:
To continuously support and promote the economic prosperity of our members and our community by being the informed voice of business for Greater Oshawa.
• Maintain our Accredited Status with the Canadian Chamber of Commerce.
• Provide services that bring value to our members.
• Increase the number and activity level of our members.
• Create an environment that supports existing business and attracts new businesses.
• Constructively influence governments in support of our members and business.
• Encourage new entrepreneurs.
• Provide support and mentorship to all members.
The Greater Oshawa Chamber of Commerce was one of the first of 12 Chambers of Commerce in Canada to earn National Accreditation. We proudly operate under the Canadian Chamber Accreditation with Distinction – the highest quality standard awarded to Chambers in Canada. We have held this honour since 2005.
In 2004, representatives from all levels of the chamber network formed the Chamber Accreditation Council of Canada (CACC) and launched a national accreditation program designed to recognize chambers that satisfy a set of high standards and practices - chambers that seek to stand out, who look to the future.
Accreditation is a formal acknowledgement that member chambers of commerce/boards of trade have been successfully evaluated by the Chamber Accreditation Council of Canada (CACC) against rigorous national standards of policy, service, and performance. Technically, accreditation is granted to individual applicant chambers of commerce/boards of trade who demonstrate they meet all the eligibility requirements set out by the CACC in its checklist for accreditation and the accreditation application. The rigorous accreditation process itself provides an opportunity to document and streamline internal chamber and board functions, clarifying practices for directors, staff and members.